2010年1月4日 星期一

新年新玩具

祝342兄弟們 新年快樂,車騎萬里。


寒風刺骨的冬天,實在懶得穿成蒙面大盜的樣子出門嚇人。德州雖然不積雪,埋伏在陰暗處的薄冰還是蠻可怕的。乾脆在家騎車,聊勝於無。


固定示的訓練平台(Bike Trainer)太單調,也有可能傷車子。於是申請老婆的批准,買了一個Bike Rollers (滾輪).


騎滾輪須要比平常騎車時更注意平衡。下面一段教學短片中,兄弟不是多喝了兩杯,實在是技術有欠成熟。

單腳踏板不是特技表演。這是腳踏動作的基本練習。同學們不妨也練一練。當勇腳Eric 練得一腳踏板,一手推人上山的絕技時,咱們環島的準備也就大功告成了。 哈哈!

4 則留言:

  1. Happy New Year!
    Nice toy. Wow, you can bike with just one leg. How did you make it? I will ask Dick or eric to try before I take the risk to do it. Do you burn your fat same with the roller as you bike on road?
    By the way, will you be back in Chinese New Year? Did not hear from Brian at all. Wonder if he is still training himself.

    回覆刪除
  2. Yes. I look forward to Brian's posting of his bike training photos.

    Riding rollers can also give you good work out. During regular riding, you can take a break by coasting. Bike rollers has little coasting ability. You fall if you stop pedaling. You also can not get to 冰店 or 豆花 shop by riding rollers. :-(

    I will be back to Taipei for Chines New Year. I can't wait to see my 342 biking teammates. :-)

    回覆刪除
  3. Matt,
    Very funny and yet very cool!
    I was afraid you are going to jumpping out of the roller ;-)

    Eric Fan

    回覆刪除
  4. Matt, Impressive!! You must show it live when we meet. We must promote it to the national level some day; at least, get President Ma to do it too.

    Captain Chou, I'm caught me right in the act. I've been cutting myself one month+ slack since late Nov -- after a week below 32 degree F. You all will have to work harder and pick up my slack, so that you all can take in turn to pull or push me through. 8-) Life was so easy when you don't have/want to do anything in particular. :-(

    Anyway, I will whip myself up, and get Matt to mail me one of the bike roller kits so that I can do it at home without hurting me or others on the slippery road outside -- hurting myself at home is more manageable. Alternatively, I will at least get back on schedule on my elipitical machine.

    回覆刪除

追蹤者